73 x 2
Shalom! My name’s Robin Green, born in Stockholm, Sweden, raised in Scania. I started programming computers back in 1985 when I was 12 years old. Wrote my first game on a Commodore 64 in 1986. Started doing graphics for the hacking group Fairlight later that year.
In my later teens I worked day shifts as a truck mechanic/night shifts in a recording studio, while playing guitar and singing in various metal bands, ’92-94.
Moved from Sweden to Hollywood, USA in 1994 to study at MI (Musicians Institute) for a year and a half.
Had enough of Hollywood and moved to Venice Beach in ’95 to study journalism at Santa Monica College. Graduated A student on the Dean’s Honors List with an A.A. in Linguistics and English Literature.
In 2000, having done my time in a tattoo shop on Hollywood Blvd & Vine, with the Dot Com boom popping, I started grinding as a graphic designer at Netwood Communications in Brentnd wood, LA. where I again picked up programming.
In 2001, I was recruited as In-House Graphic Designer and Webmaster at Dickies Girl, Inc. in downtown LA, where I later managed a team of 5 running the e-commerce part of the company.
I left the US in 2002 and traveled around world to the East, to finally settle in Tel Aviv, Israel, where I started working as a programmer at Biomedia, Ltd and Codemcode, Tel Aviv where I did a lot of interface design and studied the importance of Graphical User Interface experience and logic.
In 2009 I decided to take my programming skills in a more visual direction. I left Tel Aviv and moved to the desert and took a Sabbath year off to study 3D modelling and animation and Post Production at home, on YouTube, the infinite well of human knowledge, and cat videos.
In 2010 I became a partner at 900m Productions as the head of post production and animation and we won the Presidents/Prime Minister’s Award for best animated historical movie about Ben Gurion, among others.
6 years of post production and animation, and having tinkered with Android App Development, I started freelancing and consulting, and went on to start programming and modelling for VR, both games and educational applications.
- 3D [modelling, texturing, lighting, rendering]
- VR & AR [programming and modelling]
- Android App Development [Python, C#, HTML5]
- Post Production & Special Effects [green Screen and video manipulation]
- Video Editing
- Photo Editing [image manipulation]
- Freehand Drawing
- Graphic Design
- Music recording and editing
- Auto-deduct and fast learner
Related Work Experience
- 2016 – Now – 73, Freelance work and consulting
- 2010 – 2016 – 900m Productions, Ltd. Mitzpe Ramon, Israel
- 2006 – 2009 – BioMedia, Ltd. Tel Aviv, Israel
- 2005 – 2006 – CodemCode, Ltd. Tel Aviv, Israel
- 2001 – 2004 – Dickies Girl, Inc. Downtown L.A, CA
- 2000 – 2001 – Netwood Communications, Ltd. Westwood, CA
- 2005 – YouTube Tutorials
- 1995-98 – Santa Monica College, B.A. in Linguistics and English Literature
- 1994-95 – MI, Hollywood (Musicians Institute), Associate of Arts
- 1991-93 – Licenced Truck Mechanic